• Advertisement
Free Inkjet formula for Dummies.

Forum for our english speaking customers.

The Refilling-Forum is your resource to provide others with refilling tips or to ask a question about refilling. This forum is moderated through the Webmaster, and eventually Off-Topic discussions will be removed.

Moderatoren: Co-Moderatoren, HSTT-Team

Free Inkjet formula for Dummies.

Neuer Beitragvon parhat@yahoo.com » 03.01.2004 - 15:04

Since someone is offering to sell them (how dare them!) I am offering a free inkjet formula for dummies. Here it is:

Get a food coloring. (red, blue, green, black). Get glycerine. Mix about 2-5%. You are done. It's not perfect. Use only dyes to prevent clogging.

For the more elaborate setups you need to get PH to alkaline 8-11 -this is done to prevent clogging and control colloidal suspension. Mix right ratios of organic polar/nonpolar solvents. (polar/non polar controls the droplet size and penetration when printed. For you fancy people, you need some surfactants (detergents) to reduce surface tension (get droplets size small) find some antifoam to reduce bubbles in the tiny nozzles. Pay attention to those non polar sovents such that it must be sticking to the container and not the color. If the color sticks to the container, you will have a very messy inkjet nozzles. I cannot state exact formula for more fancy ones since chemical suppliers sell in Bulk and cannot afford it. So you have to find them yourself.

Since I am too poor to afford even a refill, I make my own (since I am an unemployed R&D chemist). In the meantime, the dummy formula is O.K. just try to use it once every day to prevent clogging.
parhat@yahoo.com

Advertisement

Was gibt es neues in unserem Refill Shop ?
>>> Produktneuheiten bei HSTT
Refill-FAQ & Forum, tolle Sache ?
>>> Dann sag doch Danke ;=)

Neuer Beitragvon Gast » 07.06.2004 - 20:11

I disagree on the antifoam part. I have mixed my ink with liquid soap and I'm getting very good results on HP 56 & 57 cartridges.

Indeed I have refilled my black 56 cartridge 4 times with ink mixed with liquid soap (about 3%) without any problems. That's my record in refilling a cartridge. (I have refilled the color cartridge only once so far, so I can't make claims about the dye-based inks)
Gast

Zurück zu English

• { RELATED_TOPICS }
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag